Here in Dallas, homeowners are investing in their properties. Perhaps you’re in the same boat; you want to introduce more elegant floors into the home, boost property values, and have something nice to walk on each day.
Unfortunately, hardwood flooring is expensive. It’s often considered one of the most luxurious flooring options. Besides its appearance, you’re also paying for a broad number of benefits. We’ll dive into those later. For now, let’s explore the average cost of wood flooring in the DFW area.
Average Cost of Wood Flooring
Understanding the average cost of wood flooring in DFW is highly recommended by flooring experts. Replacing your home’s floors is a large renovation project, not a quick fix like installing a new faucet or windowsill.
In Dallas County, for 2019, homeowners paid between $9,000 and a little over $11,000 for hardwood flooring. These prices probably sound quite high. As we said, hardwood flooring is an expensive investment. It’s a large renovation project that will provide returns in the long-run.
Let’s break down the average costs a little more. Those prices include:
- $7 to $9 per square foot of hardwood flooring materials.
- Average labor costs for Dallas, TX.
- Average materials and equipment costs in Dallas, TX.
- Project costs, including surface preparation, components, and cleaning fees.
In the above-listed average prices, you’re paying for everything. Those prices are not just for the hardwood flooring materials, but for installation and cleanup, too.
Benefits of Hardwood Flooring
Now that you have a better understanding of how much hardwood flooring in DFW will cost, let’s break down the benefits of investing in hardwoods. There are quite a few.
- Aesthetic – Hardwood flooring is one of the most elegant and beautiful flooring solutions on the market. Wood flooring will add a touch of the lavish life, but also a bit of warmth to the entire house.
- Low Maintenance – If you’re looking to save money on cleaning costs and maintenance for your floors, then wood flooring is the way to go. It’s a low maintenance, easy-to-clean flooring solution that can be swept or vacuumed with ease.
- Durability – Wood flooring is one of the most durable flooring materials around. While wood flooring can be scratched or dented, it’s not as easily damaged as some materials.
- Value – Lastly, hardwood floors add value to your home. When the time comes to sell your property, you can include the wood flooring in the total valuation of your house. Homebuyers will certainly pay more for wood floors.
If you wish to invest in your home, consider hardwood flooring in DFW. D&R Floors and Home Solutions is the leading provider of wood floor installation for homeowners in the area. Give us a call at 972-625-4100!