Hardwood flooring can be installed in virtually any room of your home. The natural beauty of hardwood floors is hard to beat – this type of flooring is a perfect addition to your household, no matter which rooms you’ll be re-doing. Whether you’re installing a hardwood floor in your bedroom, bathroom, or throughout your home, you’ll be happy that you did.
If you’re considering installing your own floating hardwood floor, you should be able to do so with ease – if you keep the following tips in mind:
- Ensure that you have the appropriate materials before beginning.
- Be sure that the subfloor is dry and clean.
- Remember to begin on the left side and work towards the right.
- Use spacers between boards and walls.
- Keep in mind that, during the finishing process, you may have to cut some boards.
And, here are some benefits that come from floating hardwood flooring!
- Easy to Clean. One of the biggest benefits of hardwood flooring? They’re super easy to clean! Hardwood floors don’t accumulate a ton of dust and debris, like other floor types. If you hate to clean, then hardwood floors are for you.
- Aesthetically Pleasing. Hardwood flooring is elegant, classy, and timeless. You’ll love the look of your hardwood floor! Not to mention, hardwood flooring goes with virtually any type of furniture or design scheme.
- Longevity. Want a floor type that lasts? Hardwood flooring is undoubtedly one of your best bets. Hardwood floors are high-quality, and finished to last for generations.
- Good Indoor Air Quality. Because hardwood floors are easy to keep clean and don’t trap dirt, you’ll enjoy healthy indoor air quality.
- Style. Hardwood flooring comes in all kinds of styles and designs! No matter what kind of look you’re after, rest assured that you’ll easily be able to find a hardwood floor type that fits your needs and wants.
Contact D&R Floors today, if you have questions about your hardwood flooring!