You might look at your old, dusty floors each day and think to yourself that it’s time for an upgrade. But with so many new flooring options, which do you choose? Do you opt for the extravagance of wood flooring or the simplicity of tile flooring? Which one would benefit your home the most? It’s an age-old question that worries homeowners every year.
There is a certain stigma surrounding tile flooring in DFW. Some people view the material as cheap or ineffective. That may have been true a few decades ago, but today’s tile flooring is better than ever. It is one of the easiest flooring surfaces to clean and even provides extra durability – perfect for kids or pets.
Benefits of Tile Flooring
Every type of flooring on the market has strengths and advantages to consider. Then, some even have a few downsides to manage. For tile flooring, there are mostly benefits to enjoy.
- Durability – Today’s tile flooring is more resilient than ever before. When professionally installed, your new tile flooring can withstand stains and general wear. If your DFW home is constantly busy, with plenty of high traffic areas, then tile flooring may just be the solution. Just be wary of dropping any heavy objects on the tile, as its impact resistance is its downfall.
- Maintenance – Due to the increased durability, tile flooring doesn’t require much in the way of maintenance. You’ll need to clean your new tile flooring, like any other surface, and apply sealant every five years or so. But other than that, it’s worry-free.
- Cost-Effective – Tile flooring is one of the cheapest flooring materials available. Sure, you face the initial cost of purchasing the materials and professional installation, but after that, you’re golden. The lack of maintenance and extended lifespan ensure you get your money’s worth. But of course, there are more expensive, high-end tiles available if you want to go that route.
- Water Resistant – With children running about, a spill is bound to happen. When it does, rest easy knowing your tile flooring is water resistant. The glazed protective layer makes the surface impervious to stains and water damage. It’s why tile is so common in bathrooms.
- Indoor Air Quality – A little known fact of tile flooring is that it improves indoor air quality. You see, tile is fired in a kiln at high temperatures, ensuring there are no volatile organic compounds in the material. Without these compounds, you won’t experience any health concerns stemming from poor indoor air quality caused by your flooring.
Find the perfect tile flooring suited to your home with D&R Floors and Home Solutions. We have a wide range of tile styles and colors available – perfect for any room in your home. Schedule exceptional flooring service in DFW by calling 972-625-4100!